📝 Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Policy
We aim to…
- Treat all employees with respect
- Nurture a culture that supports and actively encourages diversity, equity & inclusion
- Treat all employees fairly across recruitment, promotion, training opportunities, pay, benefits & discipline.
All employees & applicants will be treated equally regardless of their:
- Gender reassignment
- Marital or civil partner status
- Pregnancy of maternity
- Ethnic or national origin
- Religion or belief
- Sex or sexual orientation
We take a zero tolerance policy when it comes to discrimination at [X company]. This applies in the workplace, outside the workplace (when dealing with customers, suppliers or other work-related contacts), and on work-related trips or events, including social events.
We will NOT tolerate:
- Direct discrimination or indirect discrimination of any kind.
- Harassment: this includes sexual harassment, and other unwanted conduct related to a Protected Characteristic, which violates someone's dignity or creates an intimidating, hostile, degrading, humiliating or offensive environment for them.
- Victimisation: retaliation against someone who has complained or has supported someone else's complaint about discrimination or harassment.
If you believe that you have suffered any form of discrimination please speak to your line manager or a member of the People Team as soon as possible.
If you are found to be exhibiting any discriminatory behaviours you may face disciplinary action.
Supporting you at work
Here’s how we make sure you’re supported at work at [X company] (add / remove as required):
- We have clear competencies for all new hires, so that assessment through the recruitment process is done fairly
- We encourage diverse applications through our DEI statement at the end of our job listings
- Anonymised applications for all roles to remove any bias in the screening process
- We advertise on a variety of job boards, including ones committed to promoting diversity in tech
- We raise awareness internally on matters related to DEI, such as unconscious bias
- Have clear and robust people policies that promote transparency, fairness and equity
- Actively encourage open feedback, discussions, and cross team collaboration, so that all voices are heard and listened to
- Measure the diversity of our workforce, so that we can hold ourselves to account and make sure we’re building a representative culture as we grow
We’d love your feedback
Along with the above, we’re committed to always improving our policy. If we’ve missed anything, please speak to someone from the People team & let us know how we can improve.