💳 Company Expenses Policy
Company expenses at [X company] are here to financially support your work-related activities.
We trust you to make the right decisions when it comes to expenses. We hope that you adhere to the following principles:
- Spend company money like it is your own money.
- You don't have to ask permission before making purchases under [X amount] in the interest of the company, but please use your [expense card]. When in doubt, inform your manager before the purchase.
- All expenses above [X amount] require you to inform your line manager beforehand & a receipt.
- Please upload receipts within [X time frame] to [X receipt portal].
- For work equipment purchases - this is classed as company property, you will be required to return the item(s) if you leave the company (please see our Work Equipment policy for more info).
When can I use my expense card?
You can use your expense card on the following approved purchases [delete as required]:
- Work-related travel, including rental cars and transport.
- Work-related accommodation
- Food & drink
- Work equipment purchases
There are some exceptions to what you can expense, e.g. [delete as required]:
- Credit, debit and charge card fees (including interest, annual costs)
- Laundry service/dry-cleaning (unless your trip is longer than X days)
- Movies/videos, newspapers
- Parking fines
- The loss/theft of goods
- Childcare or petcare
- Damage to personal vehicles
- Spa and health/fitness clubs
- Flowers, sweets, confectionary
- Tourist attractions*
- Bar bills*.
*Unless these expenses are made as part of client entertainment