Travel reimbursements & Commuter allowances
What are travel reimbursements & commuter allowances?
Commuter allowances are a way for you to reimburse employees for the cost of their travel to work. These are often used as an incentive to encourage employees to travel into the office more frequently.
With Ben, you can offer your team a travel or commuter allowance in the form of a flexible allowance on the Ben platform. Find out more about the Ben card here.
Why should you offer travel reimbursements or commuter allowances?
Benefits to employees:
- Not left out of pocket for the cost of their travel to work.
- A financial incentive for those who don't regularly go into the office to socialise and collaborate with colleagues in person.
- An added perk for those who do prefer to work in the office!
Benefits to you:
- Employees encouraged to visit the office more regularly.
- More motivated employees.
- Improved productivity from in person collaboration and focus.
- Not wasting money on an unused office space.