Ben is awarded 3rd place in Cord's Gender Diversity Sourcing Awards
We're delighted to announce that we've bagged awards in two separate categories of Cord's 2023 Summer Hiring Leaders Awards!
The Cord Awards celebrate the companies who are setting the gold standard for talent hiring in 2023. Our Talent team has been working super hard, especially over the past few months, to make our hiring process at Ben as inclusive as possible, and it's so encouraging to be recognised for this.
So what awards did we bag?
The results are in...
All companies featured in the Cord awards are split into categories based on whether they are small, mid-size, or large companies. As a mid-size company, here's what we were awarded:
- 3rd place for Top 20 Gender Diversity Sourcing Companies
- 14th place for Top 20 Fastest to Respond Companies
What are we doing to improve our hiring?
There's no winning formula when it comes to hiring, but our awesome talent team have been dedicated to making Ben a super inclusive and diverse place to work. Here's what we've been doing:
Talent & Recruitment focus
- We're investing significantly in recruiting platforms that have greater access to diverse talent pools e.g. Otta, Flexa, Cord.
- We've introduced a diversity survey into our recruitment system to allow us to better understand potential areas for improvement.
Our People Function focus
- Introducing career frameworks. These provide clear structures to help give visibility on performance and how employees can professionally progress. They also help mitigate bias and will feed into our hiring & compensation process.
- Putting together a compensation philosophy policy which will define our approach to compensation as a whole. E.g. what we want to achieve, and how we’re going to do it. This is super advanced for our stage, but important!
- Introducing salary benchmarking to give the team a clear and transparent view of salary expectations and to hold us accountable to closing the gender pay gap.
- We rolled out our first DEIB survey in June to all Ben employees and have used the data we gathered to inform our next steps.
- Our People & Talent team size is larger than the market average, but we care deeply about investing into this function to reach our DEIB goals!
- Planning to implement unconscious bias training in the near future.